The Yew Tree was located just before Cox’s Farm on the B4058 road to Wotton under Edge. The pub used to have a skittle alley at the rear. The Yew Tree Inn was still open in 1965 but must have closed shortly thereafter. It is now a private residence. The modern day postal code for Nupend is GL6 0PY.
Map Reference: ST 833982
Owner in 1891: William Critchley (leased Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud)
Rateable value in 1891: £11.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £11.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Yew Tree Inn include:
1885,1891 Mark Mills
1903,1906 Thomas Gage
1919 Mrs Edith Gage
1927,1939 Henry (or Harry?) Edward Gage
1942 – early 1950’s Les and Anita Leach (moved to the Darrel Arms in Framilode)