Although the White Hart is mentioned in the 1891 licensing book it seems that the tenant at the time (Mr A.H. Humphries) relinquished the licence soon afterwards. The building later became a sack depot belonging to Gopshill Brown & Sons ltd.
It is now the Kingfisher fish and chip shop, next door to the Anchor Inn.
Map Reference: SO 893329
Owner in 1891: Cheltenham Original Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £13.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beer & Cider
Landlords at the White Hart include:
1810 –Bailey (possibly the White Herte, High Street)
1859 Thomas Westlay
1869 John Sinkins (possibly Simpkins as listed by B. Linnell)
1869 Ephraim Spiers (possibly Spicer as listed by B.Linnell)
1875 Mrs Annie Spires
1879 Ephraim Spires
1883-1891 Alfred Henry Humphreys