When the Kings Head closed it was feared that the residents of Norton would lose their pub forever. An application for a small housing development on the pub car park caused concern that the viability of the Kings Head as a destination food pub would make it unviable as a business. However, probably against expectations and after extensive renovations, it re-opened in August 2017 as the New Dawn Inn.

Courtesy Michael Wilkes
April 2007

This page will be updated with additional information.

https://newdawninn.co.uk

Map Reference: SO 857241

Licensing Details:

Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse

Owner in 1891: Charles Betteridge Walker (free from brewery tie)

Rateable Value in 1903: £34.10s.0d.

Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse

Owner in 1903:  George N. Walker (free from brewery tie)

Closing time in 1903: 10pm

Landlords at the Kings Head include:

1856  G. Simmons

1885  Alfred Simmons

1891,1903 Alfred Thomas Simmons

1919  Mrs Mary Elizabeth James

1927,1939  Ralph James

1966-1968 Russell (‘Blondie’) and Doreen Head (moved to the Fox and Elms, Tuffley)

1970’s Dave Hill

1998,2005 Michael Dee

Share this Page: