In the 1885 Kelly’s Directory it listed as the Crown Commercial and Agricultural Hotel. William Seabourne was a longstanding licensee. He kept the Crown for at least 50 years without one single complaint.
It closed down in the mid 1980’s but was refurbished in 1996 and reopened as the Cross Inn.
The old Crown Hotel (Cross Inn) was demolished in 2003 and residential flats now occupy the site.
This page will be updated with additional information. Please be aware that the details of the Cross Inn on this page may not be accurate.
Map Reference: ST 850996
Owner in 1891: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £29.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Full licence
Owner in 1903: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £29.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Full licence
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Crown Inn include:
1885,1927 William Seabourne
1939 Geo. Henwood Mackellow
1960’s Arthur Langley
1997 Oisin Hawes and Robert McGrath (The Cross)