The Ball Inn was on the corner of Church Street and St Luke Street. Church Street ran south from Llanthony Road, and St Luke Street ran in a westward direction from Southgate Street.
The Ball Inn was a few yards from the Old Pilot Inn in Southgate Street. It is referred to as the Ball beer house in an 1870 reference. In the 1871 census Henry Edwards is listed at the property. His wife Jane is listed as a beer retailer.
1870,1871 Henry Edwards