The White Lion is listed at 12 High Street in 1927. Unusually it was tied for beer to the Stroud Brewery in 1891 and yet owned by their rivals Godsell & Sons. Perhaps the White Lion sold both Godsell’s and Stroud Brewery Ales. The 1908 New Stroud Directory describes the White Lion as having dining rooms. In 1950 the building was occupied by Mac Fisheries. It is now the Quicksilver Arcade.
Owner in 1891: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud (leased Stroud Brewery)
Rateable value in 1891: £30.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1903: £34.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the White Lion include:
1891,1906 Aaron Benjamin Marchant
1908 A.R. Benjamin
1919 Daniel Rounce
1927 William John Connell