The White Hart is located on the southern side of the High Street on the junction with the unclassified road which leads to Sudeley Hill and Guiting Power. The building has not changed in appearance for many years. It has distinctive rectangular bay windows fronting the pavement.
This page will be updated.
Owner in 1891: Cheltenham Original Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £29.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Cheltenham Original Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £29.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Brewery heritage: West Country Ales ceramic plaque still in situ
Landlords at the White Hart include:
1830 Barnwell Whitmore
1856 J. Bayliss
1885 Charles Pullom
1891 Thomas Smith
1902,1906 Miss Mary Collins
1919,1927 Albert Clarke
1992 Alistair and Mari MacPherson, John Steele-Scott
1994 John Steele-Scott
1997 Mari McPherson
2002 Nicole Burr
2008 Peter Austen (Wine & Sausage Bistro)