The address of the Ten Bells is given as 114 Westgate Street. The name probably refers to the bells of St Nicholas Church as the pub was situated immediately to the left of the church. In 1859 and 1873 it was referred to as the Original Ten Bells. There are no references after this date.
The modern day address would have been at 100 Westgate Street.
Landlords at the Ten Bells include:
1830 Ann Wheeler
1856 Mrs E. Levan
1859,1873 Esther Jones (Original Ten Bells)