The Ship and Castle must have traded for a very short time, as information is scarce. It must have ceased trading as a pub by 1891 as there is no mention of the pub in the licensing records of that year.
The building became the Willow Cafe and the site was redeveloped by the Co-op in the 1970’s. It is now the site of the New World Vietnamese Restaurant.
Map Reference: SO 894331
Landlords at the Ship & Castle include:
1854 George Francis (George Francis is listed as a beer house keeper and stone mason in 1836)
1854,1856 Edwin Merrick
1858? John Evans
1864 Maria Thornbury Price