In his list of Cheltenham pubs in the year 1844 Martin Edwards has identified a beer house called the Shamrock in Worcester Street.
Worcester Street was off Tewkesbury Road between Waterloo Street and Elm Street, and a small segment remains behind the shopping precinct. Just one house and a row of lock-up garages now form Worcester Street.
Martin has also listed a beer house called the Foley Arms at 1 Worcester Street in 1844 which seems to have been trading concurrently with the Shamrock.
In the 1891 licensing records the only pub trading in Worcester Street was the Farmers Arms. Presumably either the Foley Arms or the Shamrock changed its name… or were there three entirely separate licensed premises in Worcester Street trading at different times?