The Running Horse was on the western side of Eastgate Street near to Barton Gates. (Bruton Way and Barton Street junction). The Running Horse would have been opposite the Bell Inn. There are references to the Running Horse in 1861 and 1906. It was referred to the compensation authority and closed down on Christmas Eve 1907.
Landlords at the Running Horse include:
1879 James Wilson
1906 Mrs S.A. Berry