2 Deans Walk in 1936 directory.
The Railway Inn, on the corner of Deans Walk and St Catherine’s Street, was submitted to the compensation authority for possible closure on at least two occasions. In March 1906 the ‘Citizen’ described the Railway Inn has having ‘two public rooms and the public convenience was at the front of the house. Stabling for one horse.’ The Gloucester Licensing Sessions of February 1927 ‘objected to the license (of the Railway Inn) on the grounds of redundancy’. The Railway Inn was tied to Ind Coope of Burton on Trent. The Deans Walk Inn was nearby.
Landlords at the Railway Inn include:
1879 G. Jackson
1893 A.W. Elliot
1906 G. Newman
1936 A.E. Burford
1939 Ernest Edward Parrott