The Prince of Wales is now a private house. It is on the western side of Slad Road about 30 yards from the Libbys Drive entrance heading out of town. The single storey building has been whitewashed and lies behind a Cotswold stone wall. There is nothing to indicate that it was once a pub.
Apparently the deeds of the property stipulate that it cannot reopen as a pub without the permission of the landlord of the nearby Fountain Inn. The documentation dates from the early 1970’s which suggests that the Prince of Wales closed down in the late 1960’s.
Owner in 1891: Mary Perriam (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £12.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Mary Perriam (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1903: £12.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Prince of Wales include:
1891,1903 Mary Perriam
1939 Austin Pearce