The Portcullis was located a few yards to the north of the Fleece Inn. The twin gabled building was originally thatched but it now has a traditional tiled roof. It is now a private house called the Portcullis.
Owner in 1891: Duke of Beaufort (free from brewery tie)
Rateable Value in 1891: £12.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Duke of Beaufort (free from brewery tie)
Rateable Value in 1903: £12.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Portcullis include:
1885,1891 Edward Samuel Hopkins
1902,919 John Lewis Hopkins
1927 Frederick Williams
1939 Joseph Davis
– Joe and Grace Vale