When the Stroud Brewery acquired the Tetbury Brewery in 1933 a huge wooden sign was erected on the roof of the building which read: ‘Plough Inn. The Stroud Brewery Company. Ales & Stouts. Wines & Spirits’.
The Plough closed many years ago and is now trading as a licensed restaurant. It is next to the Old Court House at the bottom of Long Street.
Owner in 1891: Messrs N. & W. Cook, Tetbury Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £15.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Messrs N. & W. Cook, Tetbury Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £16.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Plough Inn include:
1885,1891 William Sessions Jenkins
1902,1906 Samuel Frederick Wildsmith
1913,1919 James Purnell
1927,1939 Mrs Florence Alice Purnell