The Pineapple Inn was not far from the Quay. It was once tied to the Ashton Gate Brewery – a rare local outlet for the Bristol based brewery.
The ‘Citizen’ reported in March 1906 that it had ‘two public rooms. The sanitary arrangements were all right but there was a door at the back of the house that led into a passage where there were ten cottages. There were three other licensed houses within 40 yards.’
Landlords at the Pineapple Inn include:
1879 Charles Healey (Pineapple Inn, Island)
1893 Mrs H. Griffen
1906 Mrs H. Griffin