The Parrot Inn was at 225 High Street (latterly 415). Although recorded as a pub in 1870 some eight years later the premises was occupied by John Creed, Leather and oil seller.
n the 1920’s it became a fried fish shop and by 1955 it was a fruit shop. It stood next door to the Golden Heart Inn which was also delicensed by 1896. The area is now occupied by the traffic lights of Poole Way.
1870 William Onion