5 Corpus Street in 1926 reference. The western side of Corpus Street was demolished, and a light industrial complex occupied the site for many years. It is probable that the Oxford Arms was razed to the ground as part of this development. The whole area has now been redeveloped with new housing.
Thomas Masters is listed as the owner of the Oxford Arms in both the 1891 and 1903 licensing records. The lease of the licensed beer house was taken by the Cheltenham Original Brewery. The annual rateable value throughout that time was set at £15.5s.0d.
Fellow pub historian Martin Edwards has compiled a list of Cheltenham pubs that were in existence in 1844. He has identified a beer house at 22 Corpus Street that traded under the name of the Star. It is unlikely that the Oxford Arms and the Star were public houses in Corpus Street at the same time.
Landlords at the Oxford Arms include:
1878 Mary Joachim
1883 J. Ruck
1891 Charles Hobbs
1903 James Charles Hearne
1926 E. Albert Long