The New Inn was located on the corner of St Marys Street and Tibbiwell Street. The inn was converted for use as a police station in 1910 and afterwards the adjoining malt house was demolished to make way for the new public baths.
Map Reference: SO 867096
Owner in 1891: Charles Gardiner
Rateable value in 1891: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Charles Gardiner (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1903: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Landlords at the New Inn include:
1781 Either James Gyde or Daniel Scott (see New Inn, Gloucester Street, Painswick)
1856 B. Thomas
1885 Henry Sims
1891 William Richard Hill
1903,1906 George Townsend