The New Inn, a simple beerhouse on the London Road, was purchased by the Cirencester Brewery on 30th June 1945 with ‘Cottage and Land’. It is thought that the New Inn closed soon afterwards. It is now a private house at the top of Bell Lane where it joins the A417 with nothing to indicate that it was once a pub. It is still called the New Inn.
Owner in 1891: Ann Oram (free from brewery tie)
Rateable Value in 1891: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Exors. Of Ann Oram (free from brewery tie)
Rateable Value in 1903: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the New Inn include:
1891 Ann Oram
1903 Fred Morse
1913,1939 Mrs Elizabeth Morse