Cheltenham Original Brewery owned the Malsters Arms in St James Street in 1891. It was a licensed ale house with an annual rateable value set at £17.0s.0d. The Maltsters Arms is not mentioned in the 1903 petty sessional divisional records and there are no references after the 1902 Kellys Directory listing William Wilden as occupying landlord.
The eastern side of St. James Street is now a car park and it is likely that the Maltsters Arms was one of the buildings that were once on the site.
Landlords at the Maltsters Arms include:
1870 William Whiting
1878,1885 Albert Paget
1891 Albert James Browning
1902 William Wilden