The Lacemakers Arms may never have operated as a licensed premises at all – the pub that never was! There was a green grocers at 34 Barton Street and it appears that a licence to sell and brew beer on the premises was applied for, and was granted. In February 1903 an application to renew the premises licence was refused on the grounds that it had ‘never opened to the public.’
Map Reference: SO 895326
Owner in 1891: Tewkesbury Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £15.0s.0d.
1891 George Jones