The Greyhound Inn was built in 1660.

An ex-landlord at the pub (date unknown) was called Colin Pickford. He used his surname and the village name and made up the name Pickwick inn – it has no Dickensian connection.

The pub is located a few yards from the M5 motorway and Michealwood Service Station but access is along winding country lanes.

Towards the end of the 20th century the Pickwick Inn was trading as a free house. It was then acquired by Smiles Brewery of Bristol. In November 2000 the entire Smiles pub estate was bought by Youngs Brewery of Wandsworth, London.

The Pickwick Inn closed altogether c.2005. It was re-opened as a restaurant – The Pepper Pot – in March 2007. The pub is now an on-site restaurant at the adjoining Pepper Pot Caravan Park.

This page will be updated with additional information.

https://www.pitchup.com

This page will be updated with additional information.

Map Reference: ST 712958

Licensing Details:

Owner in 1891: Lord Fitzhardinge (free from brewery tie)

Rateable value in 1891: £28.10s.0d. (included 11 acres of land)

Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse

Owner in 1903: Lord Fitzhardinge (free from brewery tie)

Rateable Value in 1903: £7.15s.0d.

Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse

Closing time in 1903:

Landlords include:

1891 Hester Newth

1902 John Smith

1903,1919 Harriett Smith

1927,1939 John L. Smith

Ted (Dusty) Millard

Colin Pickford

1997 Gerry and Denise Richards (left November 2003)

2003,2005 Julian and Lucinda Maynard

2007 Easton Hogben (Pepperpot)

Share this Page: