The pub was originally a farmhouse. It was bought by Simonds Brewery of Reading in 1952 from the Chester-Master estate and converted to a public house to serve the new Beeches, Kingsmill and New Mills housing estates.
The pub takes its name from the old farm, which dates back to the seventeenth century with some nineteenth century additions. There has been a farm on the site since at least the early 16th century when it belonged to the Abbey of St. Mary. It may have been a farm in Roman times.
The Golden Farm was put up for sale in 2022.
1998 Bob and Barbara Feal-Martinez
1999 Rob and Ju Rennie