The Exchange Inn is now trading as the Knot of Rope and is a tied house of Marston’s.  Underground passages were found a few years ago beneath the pub. The roof of the passage had caved in. The outbuildings were taken over by the army during the Second World War.

October 2009

Licensing Details:

Owner in 1903: Richard Hobbs Smith (free from brewery tie)

Rateable value in 1903: £64.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse

Closing time in 1903: 11pm

Landlords at the Exchange Inn / Knot of Rope include:

1902,1919 Richard Hobbs Smith

1927 William Morton (Exchange Hotel)

1939 Edward Smyth

Share this Page: