The Butchers Arms was situated midway between the Plough and the Berkeley Arms near to the Cross.  A deed relating to the property reads: ‘site at upper end of Church Street formerly called the Packhorse, afterwards the Three Legs and recently the Butchers Arms.’ The Butchers Arms had been demolished by 1789 when the site was in use as a covered market.

The approximate site of the Butchers Arms
Share this Page: