There is a Bell House in the corner of the square in the entrance to Well Lane. Now a private house, it was once the village post office and shop and, possibly, a pub before that. There are no features on the building to indicate that it was once a pub. It has been suggested that the Bell Inn was housed in the building that is now the Guiting Guest House situated behind the Bell House with a frontage overlooking the Farmers Arms car park.
Owner in 1891: Henry Ashwin (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £11.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Landlords at the Bell Inn include:
1891 George Kilby