Butchers Arms, Ampney Crucis

The building, situated in the north western corner of the village, dates from 1847. The Butchers Arms once brewed its own beer. On 4th September 1899 the Butchers Arms and brewery were sold to the Stroud Brewery Company for £1,875 due to the illness of the owner, Charles B. Radway. The Butchers Arms was described in the […]