The Yew Tree was leased to Rogers Brewery in Bristol in the 1903 licensing book, but must have passed into the ownership of the Forest Brewery (Francis Wintle) of Mitcheldean soon afterwards as an inventory described it as a ‘very attractive property, and stone built with slate and tiled roof – just off the main road’.
Rateable Value in 1903: £19.10s.0d.
Owner in 1903: Mrs J. Haile (leased to W.J. Rogers & Co, Jacob Street Brewery, Bristol)
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
1903 John Phelps