The White Lion stood a few yards down the High Street from the Swan Inn.
The Gloucester Journal reported on 10th March 1906 that Henry Clutterbuck had been in residence for four and a half years and the club room was used monthly by local Foresters.
The license was renewed although the eventual date of closure is not known.
Owner in 1891: William Cornock (leased to Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud)
Rateable value in 1891: £20.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Nicholas Cornock (leased to Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud)
Rateable value in 1903: £20.0s.0d
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the White Lion include:
1856 D. Clark
1885 Thomas Pick
1891 Thomas Herbert Pick
1903,1927 Henry Clutterbuck
1939 John A. Saunders