The White Lion was originally known as the Kings Head. The White Lion is not mentioned in the 1891 petty sessional divisional records. It had presumably closed by then.
In the 1950’s the building was occupied by Mr Brownings hairdressing shop. It is now a private residence called White Lion House which occupies a corner position in Butt Street. It is an old Cotswold stone building which appears to have changed very little for many years. The building is on three levels, the middle floor has two windows which are at an odd angle to each other.
Map Reference: SO 874007
1842 Mary Hiatt
1856,1863 John Potton