The White Horse was demolished in the 1950’s to allow access to fifteen council homes that were being built behind Vicarage Street. A modern house called the Malt House roughly occupies the site of the White Horse on the junction of Vicarage Street and White Horse Lane.
Map Reference: SO 869097
Owner in 1891: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1891: £13.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1903: £13.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Landlords at the White Horse include:
1891 Joseph Hooper
1903 Francis Arthur Swaine
1939 William Ewart Birt