The White Horse is on the A38 near Thornbury, just below the Wyevale Garden Centre.
The White Horse was acquired by Brains Brewery of Cardiff in the early 2000’s, and was the only Brains branded pub in the Gloucestershire. The White Horse is now owned by the Butcombe Brewery.
The pub has extensive well-maintained gardens and enjoys panoramic views over the River Severn.
Map Reference: ST 664904
Owner in 1891: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery
Rateable Value in 1891: £14.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £16.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the White Horse include:
1851 Solomon Selman (aged 49)
1856 Mrs Selman
1861 George Front (aged 56)
1881 William Ball (aged 23)
1891 William Birt Ball
1903,1919 William James Maylen
1927,1939 Henry Arthur Brace
1939 Arthur Brace
2004 Andrew and Nanette ?