The White Hart Inn was located directly opposite the Black Horse on the other side of the road. The building is now in residential use.
The White Hart Inn was first advertised in March 1870. Thomas Limer was the contact person for viewing. The census of 1861 shows Thomas Limer as running the “Cross Keys Beerhouse” but the location of this premises is not known.
Map Reference: ST 741958
Owner in 1891: Lord Fitzhardinge (leased to Stroud Brewery)
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Lord Fitzhardinge (leased to Stroud Brewery)
Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the White Hart include:
1851 John and Elizabeth Till
1856 E. Gabb
1885,1891 Edwin Jordan
1902,1903 George Summers
1906 Edgar Robinson
1919 Charles Tanner
1927 Percy Talboys
1939 Paul Wilfred Day
c.1950 Leslie and Nora Evelyn Woodward (Afterwards moved to the Royal Oak in Wotton-Under-Edge)