The oldest part of the pub dates from the 1680’s. The White Hart was acquired by Smiles Brewery of Bristol but their tied estate was later acquired by Youngs Brewery of Wandsworth, London.
Map reference: ST 597901
Owner in 1891: Daniel Collings (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £36.0s.0d. (included 3 acres, 3r. and 8p. of land)
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Daniel Collings (leased John Arnold & Sons, High Street, Wickwar)
Rateable value in 1903: £27.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the White Hart include:
1891 Joseph Taylor
1903 Charles James Biddle
1939 Frank Selman
2003 Howard Turner