https://www.whitehartleonardstanley.com

An inventory of property made by the Stroud Brewery Company in 1928, after the takeover of Godsell’s Brewery, lists the White Hart with ‘an orchard nearby and two cottages in the Street, Leonard Stanley.’

The twin gabled pub is near the impressive St. Swithun’s parish church and is still trading.

This page will be updated with additional information.

Map Reference: SO 803033

Licensing Details:

Rateable Value in 1891: £17.0s.0d

Owner in 1891: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud

Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse

Rateable Value in 1903: £19.0s.0d.

Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud

Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse

Closing time in 1903: 10pm

Owner in 1928: Stroud Brewery

Owner in 2007: Punch Taverns

Landlords at the White Hart include:

1830,1840 Mark Anthony Fricker

1856 R. Moss

1881 John Ford

1885,1891 Thomas Long

1902,1906  Mrs Elizabeth Whitmore

1919 Albert Edward Stafford

1927,1939 Walter T. Stafford

1999 Sue Helyer

2008 Tony and Sinead Spencer

Share this Page: