In the 1850’s the White Hart was brewing its own beer. There is a tale that some unfortunate soul died a gruesome death when he fell into a vat of boiling water at the brewhouse.
The White Hart changed its name to the Stagecoach Inn in 1947, the fact that was located on the main Gloucester – Bristol A38 road was the reason for the change of identity.
In July 2019 owners David and Lynn Heenan announced that they were selling the pub after 19 years behind the bar. It was sold for £535,000. The premises is now Chapel Hill Day Nursery
Map Reference: ST 699976
Owner in 1891: Lord Fitzhardinge (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £9.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Lord Fitzhardinge (leased Arnold Perrett & Co., Wickwar Brewery)
Rateable value in 1903: £20.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the White Hart / Stagecoach Inn include:
1856 T. Andrew
1885,1891 James Barrell
1902,1903 Esau Meadows
1906 Denis Allen
1919,1927,1939 Frederick George Davis
1972 Ken and Edna May Chapman – retired in 1972 (Stagecoach Inn)
1998 Austin Flannagan (manager) (Stagecoach Inn)
2001-2019 David and Lynn Heenan (Stagecoach Inn)