Gloucestershire Chronicle, 22nd January 1870: Fairford. Fire Brigade. The annual dinner of the Fairford fire brigade took place on Saturday week at the White Hart Inn. 21 members sat down to a well spread table. After dinner songs and toasts were given and a pleasant evening was spent.
The White Hart was directly opposite the George Inn, and not far from the Plough Inn or the Bull Hotel. The Cirencester Brewery purchased the White Hart on 28th June 1920.
The White Hart is now White Hart Court. The large cast iron pub sign bracket remains in situ.
Map Reference: SP 155009
Owner in 1891: Trustees of J.R.R. Barker (leased Tayler & Co., Cotswold Brewery, Northleach)
Rateable Value in 1891: £28.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Trustees of J.R.R. Barker (leased Tayler & Co., Cotswold Brewery, Northleach)
Rateable Value in 1903: £28.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Owner in 1920: Cirencester Brewery
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the White Hart include:
1856 L. Cross
1885 George Hooper
1891 John Wodward
1902,1906 Aaron Cohen
1919 Reuben John Harris
1927,1939 Harry Barber