The White Hart has recently changed its name to the Stag at Stow.
The White Hart was established as an inn in 1698. It was once tied to Hitchman & Co of Chipping Norton before the company was taken over by Hunt Edmunds of Banbury. There is a Hunt Edmunds plaque still in situ. The White Hart was purchased by Arkell’s Brewery of Swindon in December 1997.
Owner in 1891: Hitchman & Co., Chipping Norton
Rateable value in 1891: £24.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Hitchman & Co., Chipping Norton
Rateable value in 1903: £28.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the White Hart Inn include:
1856 W. Jones
1885 Samuel Upton
1891 James H. Shepherd
1902,1927 John Groves
1997 Norman Wilson
2001 Alan Paige and Christine Carrington
2008 Paul and Mandy Griffiths