The White Hart was at the far west of the High Street on the southern side. It was part of the Dobell’s Warehouse complex which was extensively damaged in an air raid (together with Stoneville Street) in 1941. The White Hart probably never reopened after the bombing. The nearby Bakers Arms also suffered damage from the air attack. Dobell’s had three other pubs in Cheltenham, the Britannia Inn, St Albans Vaults, and the Restoration Inn.
Records of the Petty Sessional Court that were published in 1891 show that The White Hart was owned by Clarence Mason Dobell & Cyrus Faulkner Dobell (free from brewery tie). The White Hart was a licensed ale house with an annual rateable value of £102.0s.0d. Twelve years later in 1903 the White Hart, according to the licensing records, was owned by the representatives of William Stone Lane. Clarence Mason Dobell & Cyrus Faulkner Dobell were now leaseholders. The rateable value per annum had increased by eight pounds and ten shillings to £110.10s.0d.
1830 Richard Blakeway
1891,1903 Clarence Mason Dobell & Cyrus Faulkner Dobell