The Trumpet Inn is mentioned in 1820. The address of the pub in 1856 was 39 Littleworth which is an early reference to Southgate Street. A later reference gives the address as 105 Southgate Street.
The Trumpet Inn was on the eastern side of Southgate Street midway between Albion Street and Norfolk Street. The Trumpet Inn presumably had closed by the onset of the First World War. The address subsequently became 89 Southgate Street.
In 1930 89 Southgate Street was in use as dining rooms. In 1974 it was in use as the RAOB Gloucester social club (87-89 Southgate Street)
Landlords at the Trumpet Inn include:
1830 Thomas Fisher
1856 E. Jackson
1859 John Pritchard
1879 W. Hawkins
1885 Mrs Ann Vines
1902 John William Palmer
1906 William Welmore
1907 Mrs E. McElinery