The True Heart was located near the southern corner of the junction of the High Street and Dean Road. In 1830 John Morse was the landlord, and James Page is listed in the Gloucestershire licensing books of 1891 and 1903. There appears to be no mention of the True Heart after 1903, which suggests that it had closed by the outbreak of the First Great War.

Stroud Brewery owned the True Heart in 1891 and 1903. Licensed as a beer house it had an annual rateable value of £18.0s.0d. and closed at 11 pm.

1870. A complaint was made against the True Heart.
Share this Page: