The Travellers Rest was located on the road to Littledean and Cinderford, a quarter of a mile from the junction with the A48 Gloucester to Chepstow Road. It closed in 1927. Bernard Edwards and George Barton were owners of the Travellers Rest in both 1891 and 1903. The licence had beer house status and the premises had an annual rateable value of £13.0s.0d. The Travellers Rest was free of brewery tie and closed at 11 pm, which might be considered surprising considering its rural location.
The property is now residential but still retains the name Travellers Rest.
Landlords at the Travellers Rest include:
1851,1861 Charles and Mary Townsend (Charles died on 12th June 1863, aged 65)
1863-1883 Mary Townsend (widow – Mary died on 14th September 1883, aged 96)
1891 William Taylor
1901,1903 William and Harriet Nicholls