The pub was situated on the unclassified road outside Blakeney near Blakeney Hill. The pub was built in local sandstone and it was still trading as a pub in the late 1950’s or early 1960’s. No doubt its inaccessibility and lack of space for car parking contributed to its demise. It is now a private residence, which is still called the Travellers Rest.

The annual rateable value of the Travellers Rest was £18.0s.0d. in 1891 and 1903 and the documentation state that William Adams was owner and the premises was free of brewery tie. It closed at 10 pm.

Landlords at the Travellers Rest include:

1869 William Kynes

1870 John Williams

1891,1897 William Adams

1903 Samuel Morse

1939 Harry Cook

Share this Page: