6 Tivoli Place in 1919, 1939. The Tivoli Inn closed in October / November 1979 and the building was used as an extension to the adjoining Tivoli trading business.

The Tivoli was the only tied house of William Luce’s Malmesbury Brewery in Cheltenham although it is quite possible, of course, that they supplied some local free houses with their ales & stouts. William Luce owned the Tivoli Inn in 1891 and 1903. It was a licensed ale house and had an annual rateable value of £34.0s.0d. remaining at that level throughout the twelve years from late Victorian to early Edwardian times.

Landlords at the Tivoli Inn include:

1856,1859 John Wheatstone

1870 John Bignall

1878 James Temple

1883 W. Bullingham

1885 William George Charles

1891 Child Brothers

1891 John Cawood

1902 William Hammond

1903,1906 Alfred Almerice Potter

1919,1927 Thomas Henry Crock

1939 Mrs Lilian Rudman

1979 Wallie & Joan Adams

Share this Page: