The Three Salmons, a spacious three storey building, is a property situated on the eastern side of Beachley Road near the southern junction with Loop Road.
In the 1891 and 1903 licensing books the Three Salmons is recorded as an ale house with an annual rateable value of £16.5s.0d. It was trading free of brewery tie and closing time was at 10 pm. Eleanor Cowper was the owner. The Three Salmons had a long association with the Saunders family. An 1856 reference lists T. Saunders as landlord of the Salmon Inn. Trade directories from 1876 to 1892 give information that Philip Saunders was the occupier / landlord. George Saunders was at the Three Salmons in 1903, and Mrs Millie Saunders in 1906.
No further entries are found in contemporary trade and county directories which suggests that the Three Salmons had closed before the outbreak of the First World War. Heather Hurley in her book “Pubs of the Royal Forest of Dean” notes that in 1935 the Three Salmons was a boarding house, shop and post office.