A Three Horseshoes is mentioned in the old North Ward of Gloucester. The reference to Commercial Road is taken from a 1900 reference.
The ‘Citizen’ reported on 12th March 1906: ‘Two rooms downstairs and two bedrooms, one of the two downstairs rooms being used by both tenant and customers. There were no back premises and the public convenience was in the cellar. There were six other pubs within 80 yards.’
The Three Horseshoes was owned by Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery in 1906. It was recommended for closure by the compensation authority.
The reference to six other pubs suggests that the Three Horseshoes was located near the Black Swan and Blackfriars Inn.