The Three Compasses was situated at the top of Fox Hill.
It was known to be the meeting place for the workmen engaged in the work of installing main drains in the streets of Tetbury in 1863.
The Three Compasses was also the headquarters of the Tetbury branch of the Wiltshire Friendly Society.
Owner in 1891: Messrs N. & W. Cook, Tetbury Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Messrs N. & W. Cook, Tetbury Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £13.12s.6d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Three Compasses include:
1830,1844 Philip Cave (1844 reference to the Three Compasses)
1844,1856 Henry Sealy (1844 reference to the Compasses)
1885 George Ford
1891 Joseph Harbour
1902, 1906 George Andrews