The Swallow was named after a class of sailing dinghy. It was built in 1959 by West Country Breweries. The pub sign had a sailing dinghy on one side and a bird on the other.
In the 1970’s the lounge bar still had a strong nautical theme complete with overstrung fishing nets and buoyancy aids.
In the 1990’s the Swallow Inn had a pets corner to entertain children in the garden. The bar was refurbished in 1998. The leasehold was offered in September 2001 for £45,000 with an 11 year lease. In May 2005 the Swallow Inn had become the Swallow Inn and Cantonese Restaurant
Landlords at the Swallow include:
1992 Jill and Euan ?
1998 June, Bill and Arthur ?
2000 Arthur Combe
2005 Yeun-Shan Chan