Frogmarsh Lane is in South Woodchester and runs from the main Bath Road to the High Street. The Ten Bells, on the corner of Convent Lane, was originally a cloth mill. By 1863 the mill was in the occupancy of George Latham, a millwright, who changed the use of the building to a beerhouse. In 1900 George Latham was running the inn and had secondary employment as a saw mill worker on the premises. The twin gabled Cotswold stone pub was referred to the compensation authority c.1922. The building is now a private residence.
Map Reference: SO 841017
Owner in 1891: Sidney Biddell (leased Stroud Brewery)
Rateable value in 1891: £12.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Sidney Biddell (leased Stroud Brewery)
Rateable value in 1903: £12.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beer & Cider
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords a the Ten Bells include:
1891 George Latham
1903 Sophia Latham